Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Certificate Validation errors in SharePoint 2013

I got client investigating performance issues – the Portal pages were sometimes taking a very long time to load. Page load times were inconsistent, and the browser would spend a long time “Connecting…”, before content would load on the page. Checking the event logs, we saw a frequent error message:

Error:

A certificate validation operation took 30008.7312 milliseconds
and has exceeded the execution time threshold. 
If this continues to occur, it may represent a configuration issue. 
Please see
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=246987 for more details.

 I did something similar before and had to generate a cert via powershell. So I done the following in the SharePoint Management Shell:
$rootCert = (Get-SPCertificateAuthority).RootCertificate
$rootCert.Export(“Cer”) | Set-Content C:\root.cer –Encoding Byte


The Certificate file will be saved on the C drive


 Once done I went back into the certificates snap in and imported the certificate into the trusted root certificate authorities. Once done the bulk of the errors disappeared 

Then I added Host entry of the web app port number in that host file entries

1 comment:

  1. I tried, but not work for me. I use Sharepoint 2016, please help me.

    ReplyDelete